Thursday, July 9, 2015

5k

Monday I was picking up lunch for my MIL and myself and saw a sign for a Chick-Fil-A 5k in September. They are hosting the event to sponsor Open Hands Overflowing Hearts. This organization was started by a teenager, Kayla Perry, diagnosed in 2012 with neuroblastoma. Our family has been following her story; Kayla is such an inspiration and I can only hope that if I were faced with such circumstances that my faith in God would be as strong as hers. (If you haven't heard her story look it up and donate if you feel led to).

Anyway, when I saw that this was the organization being sponsored I told my MIL that we were going to run in the 5k. My MIL started the couch to 5k three weeks ago, so this must be fate, why train for a 5k and not actually run in one? I decided the next day I would start couch to 5k myself. Today I completed Week 1, day two and feel great. Getting back into running is just what I needed, and maybe I will lose the rest of this baby weight in the process.

The race is September 19th. Right now, I can not imagine running 3.1 miles! I am excited that my first 5K will be for such a wonderful organization and that we are running as a family (my mother-in-law, father-in-law, husband, Lilly and possibly a couple more family members).  Keep you updated on my progress. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm just glad I have several family members running with me so I have someone to drag me to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete