Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lilly 7 Months

August was a busy month for our family.  I will try and post an update of life later today, or this week.  For now here's a little about Lilly over the past month.

What a wonderful month we have had!  It is so hard to believe Lilly is already 7 months old, I seriously feel like she was born yesterday..I know all mom's say this! This was a big month.  Lilly learned her first words, or at lease her dad and I think they are words.  When we are out shopping she looks at everyone and will say "HEY".   So adorable she is a social butterfly.  She also is a fan of saying Dada.  It started off as a babble, but now when she sees Tyler she will greet him with a big Dada.  I'm a little jealous that she didn't say Mama first, but it's so incredibly adorable that I'm only slightly jealous. Lilly learned to drink from a sippy cup, but she is still not a fan of solid foods. I have started doing baby led weaning.  I cut up strips of baby appropriate food and let her eat at her own pace; sometimes she eats nothing and just explores the food.  Lilly was not a huge fan of puree's so I'm hoping this helps the transition from nursing to solids (I'm in no hurry to give up nursing).  Lilly has TWO new teeth!  That's four total, and two more on top look like they are close to making their appearance.  Also, after taking a beach trip with our nieces and nephew a couple of weeks ago Lilly found a new fascination.  She loves all big kids, she thinks they are the coolest and is ready to be one.  This Mama is glad she is still little for awhile.



2 comments: